About This Recipe
Recipe: Apricot-Filled Blueberry Biscuits
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen blueberries, unthawed or 2-½ cups fresh blueberries
- 2-¼ cups all-purpose baking mix (like Bisquick)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup apricot jam
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Reserve ½ cup blueberries for garnish.
- In a large bowl combine baking mix, milk, sugar, cinnamon and remaining 2 cups blueberries.
- Stir just until soft dough forms.
- Turn dough onto surface dusted with baking mix knead 5 times.
- Roll ½-inch thick cut dough with a 3-inch heart or other shaped cookie cutter.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Gently re-roll and cut out scraps place on cookie sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- To serve: Slice biscuits horizontally in halves spread apricot preserves on bottom halves cover with tops.
- Serve with reserved blueberries and whipped cream, if desired.
- (Any unfilled biscuits may be frozen for later use.)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: breakfast