- 8oz (227g) frozen blueberries
- 40 blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cups water
- 3 ounces sugar
- 1 1⁄2 ounces salt
- 1⁄4 onion, sliced
- 1 tsp aleppo pepper powder
Crispy Blueberry Wafer
- 6.5 ounces (185g) fresh blueberries, room temperature
- 6 ounces sunflower oil
- 2 cups lovage, chopped
- Purple radish, shaved
- Micro lovage
- Young merlot romaine
- Fleur de sel
- Hibiscus leaf
- Dianthus flower
- Sorrel blooms
- Rose petals
- Lemon juice
- Coriander blooms
- Apply a grating disk to your food processor and place all of the non-electronic components in the freezer to chill. Once cold, reassemble the food processor and gently grate all of the blueberries.
- Collect the granita into a chilled 8oz storage container and, depending on the application, season with salt, sugar or both before immediately returning it to the freezer for storage until serving.
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, salt, onion, and pepper powder in a bowl and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the blueberries.
- Allow to rest in the refrigerator for 3 days until serving.
Crispy Blueberry Wafer
- Using a high-speed blender, puree room temperature blueberries as smooth as your blender will allow. It is perfectly normal for the puree to warm up slightly as it blends.
- Transfer 2 oz portions of the puree to the 11” x 11” nonstick dehydrator sheets or acetate film. Spread the puree to dimensions of approximately 10” x 10”, ensuring the depth of the puree is consistent across the entire sheet.
- Dehydrate the sheets at 105ºf until fully dried. For an even crispier wafer you can bake the dry sheets on a nonstick baking mat for 2-5 minutes at 300ºf.
- Store the dried wafers in the dehydrator or in sealed containers with desiccant packs until serving.
- Combine the lovage and sunflower oil in a blender and process on high, partially covered, for 5-7 minutes until steam is evaporating from the top and purée has broken.
- Pour the contents of the blender into a container with a coffee filter attached to the lid with a rubber band. Allow the oil to drip below into the container.
- Place the salad lettuces on a resting rack and dress with lovage oil.
- Top with shaved radish, micro lovage, pickled blueberries, hibiscus leaf, sorrel blooms, dianthus flowers, blueberry granita, blueberry leather and fleur de sel.