- 1⁄4 cup raspberry, strawberry, or apricot jam or preserves
- 2 tablespoons fruit flavored liqueur (optional)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Range Top Instructions
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring jam and liqueur to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Return to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Spoon into a bowl.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled over ice cream, pound cake, cut up fruit, etc.
About This Recipe
Next time you want to add a dash of something special to ice cream, pound cake or greek yogurt, experiment with this simple yet flavorful Blueberry Topping. You can make it ahead of time and chill it in the fridge, or even make it in the microwave if you’re really in a rush. Despite its ease, the Blueberry Topping looks elegant, tastes wonderful and is an easy way to enhance a simple dessert.