- 12 cups blueberries
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 1⁄4 cup juniper berries
- 8 bay leaves
- 10 whole cloves
- Place fresh blueberries into a large container.
- Combine the remaining ingredients into a large saucepan over high heat and bring to a rapid boil. Once boiling, turn off heat.
- Strain the liquid over top of the large container with the blueberries using the large mesh strainer.
- Discard the remaining spices caught in the large mesh strainer.
- Cover the large container tightly. Label, date, and store the large container in the refrigerator for 24 hours to allow for pickling.
- Store chilled until ready for service. Drain blueberries from pickling liquid when using.